* Using a natural deodorant can take up to 4 weeks to be effective, especially if you have been using a commercial antiperspirant.
* Here's what to expect when you first transition:
Week 1: At first it all goes well.
Week 2: Armpit bacteria begins to change, you may notice armpit odour. Most people give up at this stage thinking it isn't working for them. But be patient.
Week 3: Armpit bacteria begins to re-balance.
Week 4: You should have fully adjusted now.
* Less is more - gently push up from the bottom of the stick to expose 1/4cm of deodorant and swipe 2-3 times under each arm. Our deodorant is a concentrated so a little bit goes a long way.
* Apply to clean underarms. Its best applied in the morning after a shower or wash your armpits with soap and warm water before applying.
* Wear it daily. Apply everyday and as often you feel you need to especially if you have been to the gym.
* Everyone is different and sometimes life or diet changes your sweat patterns. Whats good for your mate/partner may not be the same for you. Be unique!
*Customise your deodorant scent by layering different deodorants together.
* If the weather is hot and your deodorant is getting soft pop it in the fridge to harden up.
* If the weather is cold and you are having trouble first pushing up the deodorant; warm the tube in your hands first.
* If you push up too much don't use your hand to push it back down just tap the bottom of the tube on a hard surface until it goes down the the size you want.
Dry Shampoo Tips:
Shaker method: Gently sprinkle a small amount of dry shampoo directly into your roots. Wait 30 seconds for the oils to absorb the powder. Using your fingers, massage, fluff and style your hair as usual.
Brush method: Tip small amount of dry shampoo into the container lid. Take a big fluffy makeup brush and dip it in the powder, gently shake off excess powder, then apply to your roots. Wait 30 seconds and style as directed above.
Overnight Method: Use either method above but apply at night before you go to bed to wake up with fresh hair.
* Can be used in shoes to give extra freshness.
* Use in between thighs or under bust to absorb sweat.
* Use as a light deodorant or to powder your deodorant in place.
Bug Stick Tips:
* More is More - Push up gently from the bottom of the tube to expose 1/2cm of product and cover as much skin as possible. If you forgot to apply Just Bug Off and do get bitten, rub it on the bite. Apply it to wherever you are likely to get bitten; ankles, arms, feet etc.
* Don't be scared - Mozzies might hover, but they won't bite - just make sure you have covered ALL exposed skin.
* Use on an existing bite to help soothe it.
* Leave it uncapped beside your bed at night for some more protection.
* The scent is a very pleasant woody smell and not overpowering. It contains no water so perfect for throwing into your bag when you head outdoors.
* Using a DEET-free stick repellent may take some time to get use to but its totally worth giving up the overwhelming toxic stench of bug repellent sprays, especially when there is food around.